Customer Experience Director
Ergatta is seeking a Customer Experience Director hire to join the NYC headquarters team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Ergatta is a venture-backed fitness tech startup that’s creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment, the first of which is the Ergatta Rower. As fitness activity continues its years-long shift into the home, which is being rapidly accelerated by Covid-19, we believe the big winners will be brands that innovate around digital content. Our gaming-inspired content is the first of its kind and provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience. Ergatta is backed by Greycroft, TechStars, Mark Pincus, Scott Dorsey, Zach Weinberg, Nat Turner, Chamillionaire, and more.
We are looking for a Customer Experience Director to manage our post-purchase customer support and experience, drive product usage and customer satisfaction through marketing initiatives, and create excitement for our brand among our best advocates: current happy customers. The ideal candidate is a strong operator with a creative side, who’s prepared to be hands-on and in the weeds. The role will involve both professionalizing and scaling our reactive customer support operations, as well as optimizing and defining proactive creative programming and content initiatives to engage our customers. The Customer Experience Director will have one direct report to begin with and will be tasked with building out a bigger, more specialized team over time.
- Own, manage, optimize, and scale customer support operations
- Own, manage, optimize, and scale customer retention initiatives. These are the email, social and eventually companion app-based campaigns that we run to our customers to keep them updated on our current and future product releases, foster more peer-to-peer interaction and competition, and add excitement to our fitness programming
- Work closely with Operations to optimize the customer delivery experience
- Work closely with Product to determine evergreen processes for incorporating customer feedback into the product development process.
- Manage and grow the Customer Experience team
- Become an expert in the product (both hardware and software)
- Have 4-6 years experience in a customer-facing service role, with 2+ years working on a consumer product
- Have experience managing people
- Have exceptional communication skills and writing skills
- Are tech-savvy, can easily learn new software
- Are creatively-minded, can come up with digital campaigns and events, promote them effectively, and execute them well
- An understanding of fitness programming and content a plus
- Experience using Zendesk a plus
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited PTO.
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.