Head of Finance
Ergatta is a venture-backed fitness tech startup that’s creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment, the first of which is the Ergatta Rower. As fitness activity continues its years-long shift into the home, we believe the big winners will be brands that innovate around digital content. Our gaming-inspired content is the first of its kind and provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience. Ergatta is backed by Greycroft, TechStars, Mark Pincus, Colin Kaepernick, Scott Dorsey, Zach Weinberg, Nat Turner, and more.
We’re hiring a Head of Finance to join our NYC Headquarter team to help shape the company’s strategy and manage all company financial matters. The ideal candidate is an experienced finance leader who’s excited about the opportunity to successfully build and scale a finance organization and practice from the ground up. The role will start as an IC (+ select vendor management) but will be tasked with building out a team over time. The Head of Finance will report directly to the COO.
E-mail email@example.com to apply.
- Build and manage the company’s finance and accounting function; build, manage, and grow our finance team over time
- Conduct financial planning and analysis and develop sound financial plans; establish budgeting processes and frameworks
- Perform budget versus actual variance analysis to drive accountability
- Manage treasury function and ensure company maintains sufficient liquidity
- Ensure all financial reports are accurate and completed in timely manner
- Manage receivables, payables, payroll and expense reimbursement
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Manage accounting firm and other relevant financial partners including our payment processing, financing, and sales tax vendors.
- Oversee all tax matters and conduct sound tax planning
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Ensure adherence to all financial regulations and guidelines
- Conduct analysis and provide recommendations on pricing, new business lines, market expansion and other areas to help execute strategic objectives
- Provide recommendations on compensation strategy, including compensation levels, variable compensation, benefits and equity
- Identify and implement systems, processes, policies and controls to ensure scalable and secure financial operations
- Identify and implement business intelligence and analytics systems and create actionable reporting and dashboards
- Oversee company facilities management and space planning
- 8+ years of overall financial experience
- 3+ years of mid to senior level positions in fast-growing DTC companies, responsible for financial planning, analysis and accounting
- Strong financial aptitude
- Proficiency in modern finance and accounting software and platforms
- Track record of driving business insights, actions, and accountability across organizations
- n-depth operational focus with a demonstrated ability to promote use of financial metrics and scorecards as well as a track record of standardizing data and processes across functions
- Track record of successfully recruiting and developing finance professionals and building high performing teams
- Strong intellectual horsepower. Superior abstract reasoning and analytical skills. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions to obstacles.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner. Adjusts communication based on the audience.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with sense of urgency. Gets it done on time, every time. Organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously. Positive, resilient and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives.
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited PTO.
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.