Head of Marketing
Ergatta is seeking a Head of Marketing to join the NYC headquarters team.
Ergatta is a venture-backed fitness tech startup that’s creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment, the first of which is the Ergatta Rower. As fitness activity continues its years-long shift into the home, which is being rapidly accelerated by Covid-19, we believe the big winners will be brands that innovate around digital content. Our gaming-inspired content is the first of its kind and provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience. Ergatta is backed by Greycroft, TechStars, Mark Pincus, Colin Kaepernick, Scott Dorsey, Zach Weinberg, Nat Turner, and more.
We have an exciting opportunity for growth marketers interested in emerging consumer brands. The role provides the opportunity to join an exciting new consumer brand in a hot space, marketing an innovative product, with well-established organic demand and huge upside potential. The role will run Marketing and report directly to the CEO. In short, this person will be tasked with driving sustained growth for the company. We have a culture of doing and getting your hands dirty so the right candidate must be comfortable in that environment. The role will have three direct reports to begin with, and will be tasked with building out a bigger, more specialized team across both brand and acquisition almost immediately.
The ideal candidate is a marketer than can go both high and low: they are capable of both defining and managing growth strategy, as well as getting their hands dirty and digging into and managing specific channels and initiatives. Their expertise is rooted in growth marketing, but they deeply understand brand strategy and how to establish a new brand across earned, owned, and paid channels. They are energized by the thought of defining the best way to communicate the excitement and value of a new consumer product, and then turning around the executing against that strategy in a disciplined, systematic, and iterative way. They should be thrilled at the prospect of building a brand, marketing team and a massive business from the ground up. They must have a personal interest and excitement for our product and vision.
Initial Goals and Priorities:
- Collaboratively define Ergatta’s growth strategy.
- Manage execution against our growth strategy. Refine or redefine our strategy as needed based on data or changes in the competitive landscape or consumer behavior.
- Take a holistic and detailed view of the user experience to identify and implement solutions to improve the conversion funnel across all relevant channels and consumer touchpoints
- Manage our messaging and communications strategy. Iterate on and optimize our communications strategy based on rigorous testing.
- Collaboratively manage our brand strategy and positioning, and work to establish the Ergatta brand in the industry and in the market. Ensure that we are communicating a compelling and cohesive brand image across all relevant channels
- Manage our creative development and related processes.
- Manage and grow our marketing team; build a culture of excellence, creativity and rigor on our Marketing team.
- Identify, develop, and implement all analytics, tools, systems, technology, and operations needed for driving growth
- Establish and manage agency and partner relationships as needed to execute against our Growth strategy.
- Oversee and optimize all paid channels; establish and implement a channel testing strategy and plan.
- In partnership with Growth Marketing Manager, manage, optimize and improve our website and ecommerce experience.
- Oversee all earned and owned marketing channels; help define and execute a strategy for underdeveloped channels including affiliate, influencer, social and partnerships.
- In partnership with Growth Marketing Manager, establish, implement and optimize a measurement and attribution system to appropriately measure ROI across all relevant channels.
- Ensure that we are continuously learning more and more about our customer both quantitatively and emotionally: why they feel they need the product, how they find out about us, what makes them hesitate, and what makes them buy.
- Effectively communicate the creation of a new category (gaming-enabled fitness equipment) and the value and excitement of a new type of digital fitness content (fitness gaming) to a mainstream audience.
- Ultimately, grow the Ergatta user base from thousands to hundreds of thousands
- 8+ years in growth marketing for consumer products
- 3+ years in Marketing at an early-stage consumer brand
- Proven ability to build and run high-performing marketing teams
- Proven track record of developing and executing against growth strategies for consumer products
- Deep experience managing earned and owned channels, most importantly the site, but also email, press, social, influencer and more
- Expert at developing and managing a messaging strategy and brand positioning
- Direct experience managing creative development processes
- Experience in brand and creative strategy
- Passionate about the Ergatta mission and vision; personally excited about building early stage companies.
- Strong intellectual horsepower. Superior abstract reasoning and analytical skills. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions to obstacles.
- Data focused with fast decision making. Growth is highly iterative and requires driving actions and decisions quickly while always considering the user experience.
- A team builder, team player, and leader who creates loyalty, trust, and following. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Comfortable in cross-functional environment. Inspires others and highly respected.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner. Adjusts communication based on the audience.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with sense of urgency. Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously. Positive, resilient, and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions.
- Comfortable getting hands dirty and directly managing projects and channels
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.