Ergatta is seeking a Marketing Associate to join the NYC headquarters team.
Ergatta is a venture-backed fitness tech startup that’s creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment, the first of which is the Ergatta Rower. As fitness activity continues its years-long shift into the home, which is being rapidly accelerated by Covid-19, we believe the big winners will be brands that innovate around digital content. Our gaming-inspired content is the first of its kind and provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience. Ergatta is backed by Greycroft, TechStars, Mark Pincus, Colin Kaepernick, Scott Dorsey, Zach Weinberg, Nat Turner, and more. Ergatta has been featured in Business Insider, Vogue, WSJ, among other top publications in technology, business, fitness and design.
We have exciting opportunity for a talented and hard-working generalist who is interested in consumer marketing and/or startups. The role provides the opportunity to join an exciting new consumer brand in a hot space, marketing an innovative product, with well-established organic demand and huge upside potential. The role will be the fourth full time employee on the Marketing team, report to the Head of Marketing and work closely with the CEO. The role will primarily be involved with inside sales, VIP rower management (influencer, press, reviewers, etc), content production and management for social, email and blog, and other brand marketing activities. The role will also work on other ad hoc and special projects with the CEO, Head of Marketing and COO as the need arises.
The ideal candidate is a talented and hard-working generalist who writes well, deeply understands brand and content marketing, knows how to sell or can be taught how to sell, and can manage complex and time-sensitive projects. They are energized by the thought of joining a startup at the ground floor and having direct, outsize impact on company growth from the seed stage. A passion for fitness, gaming, design and/or sports is a plus!
Initial Goals and Priorities:
- Manage comms and ops for product trial & gifting for Press, Placements, Reviewers and VIPs
- Manage influencer and affiliate CRM for rollout of new features, brand campaigns, and promos
- Support our press and affiliate programs in partnership with the CEO and Head of Marketing
- Support social media, email marketing, and production of marketing collateral
- Support inside sales program, sharing the responsibility for inbound sales
- Write copy and produce content for email, social and our upcoming blog
- Manage ad hoc projects based on the needs of the company
- Have 2-3 years professional experience in a marketing role or similar
- Are extremely organized, detail-oriented and rigorous
- Are a clear and compelling writer
- Like speaking to people and are good at, or can be taught to be good at, sales
- Have experience managing communications with partners and/or individuals
- Have a strong understanding of PR, influencers, and social media
- Have a demonstrated ability to learn new topics and disciplines quickly
- Are able to project manage and work effectively across the organization
- Are proficient in google spreadsheets and comfortable learning new platforms
- Are scrappy and can get things done quickly in a fast-moving and uncertain environment
- Are interested in startup management and operations
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.