Ergatta is a venture-backed fitness tech startup that’s creating a new consumer category: gaming-enabled home cardio equipment, the first of which is the Ergatta Rower. As fitness activity continues its years-long shift into the home, which is being rapidly accelerated by Covid-19, we believe the big winners will be brands that innovate around digital content. Our gaming-inspired content is the first of its kind and provides a fundamentally new and different consumer experience. Ergatta is backed by Greycroft, TechStars, Mark Pincus, Scott Dorsey, Zach Weinberg, Nat Turner, Chamillionaire, and more.
We are looking for a Retention Manager to lead our community engagement efforts: driving product usage and customer satisfaction through marketing initiatives and creating excitement for our brand among our best advocates: current happy customers. The ideal candidate is a creative, fitness-literate and customer-obsessed content expert, who is also comfortable with technology and data. They deeply understand customer segmentation and designing, testing and automating proactive customer outreach to drive positive outcomes for the company. You’ll be in charge of creating a strategy — and then executing against it.
- Define, manage, optimize, and scale our customer engagement and retention initiatives. These are the email, text, social and eventually companion app-based campaigns that we run to our customers to increase brand loyalty and drive product usage; create all content for these initiatives.
- Keep our customers updated on our current and future product releases, foster more peer-to-peer interaction and competition, and add excitement to our fitness programming.
- Identify customer segments and create data-driven targeted campaigns around them.
- Manage our existing community forums and launch new ones.
- Become an expert in the product (both hardware and software) and be able to clearly speak and write about it.
- Analyze product usage and retention data to gain insights to inform marketing efforts to intervene before users go inactive or churn.
- Manage member interactions on social media, in collaboration with the Growth Marketing team.
- Have 3-5 years experience in retention marketing, lifecycle marketing and/or community management for a consumer brand.
- Understand CRM methods and tools; comfortable creating useful customer segments based on behavioral triggers
- Love brainstorming and creating content; creative.
- Have an iterative and rigorous approach to marketing.
- Have excellent writing skills and a demonstrated ability to adhere to a brand voice.
- Are passionate about fitness and can comfortable write using advanced fitness terms.
- Are tech savvy; you learn and adopt new software platforms quickly and easily.
- Understand how to engage with customers publicly on social media.
- Are scrappy and can get things done quickly in a fast-moving and uncertain environment.
- Comfortable wearing many hats.
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited PTO.
Ergatta celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.