Our excellent Customer Experience team is dedicated to making sure you stay in the know — whether it’s your first row or your thousandth. Here we rounded up your top questions for easy reference. If you don’t see your Q here, check out our complete FAQ catalog.
Q: HOW DO I SET UP MY ROWER?
A: If you opted for self-assembly, please reference your instruction manual, which is also emailed to you after your order has shipped. You can also view our assembly tutorial videos here.
When you first get started, you’ll need to connect your rower to a strong and active internet connection. Please follow the on-screen instructions to connect to WiFi, or you may connect an ethernet cable to the Ergatta monitor. You may connect to 2.4 gz or 5 gz. We recommend placing your machine as close to a WiFi router or near a signal booster or extender.
The rower is designed to be stored upright in the space of a small chair. Use the base wheels to lower the rower to the ground and to easily relocate the rower around your living space. Raise the mounting arm by gently pulling the spring lock on the back of the forward riser and raising the arm until it locks into place. Check out the video here for a tutorial on how to store and activate your rower.
To turn on your touchscreen, press the power button on the back of the touchscreen. To power off the touchscreen, hold the power button for 3 seconds until you see a “Shutting Down” dialog box. Your touchscreen will also automatically turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. If your Ergatta shuts down due to inactivity, you may power the touchscreen back on by pressing the power button once.
Q: WHERE SHOULD I GET STARTED?
A: The “Getting Started Series” Push Program is the perfect place to start; you’ll learn proper rowing technique and core metrics, plus the rower will calibrate to your unique fitness level.
Q: WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT WORKOUT TYPES?
A: We are constantly adding new workouts and experiences to the Ergatta experience. These are the current game-based experiences available with Ergatta:
- Push Programs are goal-based training plans consisting of a strategically-designed collection of workouts to be completed in sequential order. The two types of Push Programs are the classic Push Programs (designed to prepare you for a specific challenge or goal) and Progressive Push Programs (a collection of multiple Push Programs in which workouts are geared more toward long-term development and training).
- Interval Workouts are interval-based HIIT (high-intensity interval training) and endurance workouts feature personalized targets and real-time feedback. The two types of Interval Workouts include Meteor (collect tokens as they fly through space at different target speeds calibrated specifically to you) and Pulse (a series of different targets to hit over time).
- Race Workouts are competitions against yourself and other members of the Ergatta community.
- Open Row workouts are unstructured workouts, open to your discretion as to how you want to row: set your desired time, distance, or simply row with no boundaries.
Read more about the Ergatta experiences here.
Q: HOW DOES RESISTANCE WORK?
A: The Ergatta Rower leverages water resistance to scale naturally with your effort. The harder you pull, the more resistance you will receive from the rower, smoothly increasing throughout the rowing motion to stay light on your back and joints.
Q: WHO DO I CONTACT FOR HELP?
A: Contact our team for everything from troubleshooting to questions on form. The Ergatta Customer Experience team is available Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST via email or by calling us at (718)866-4935.
Q: ANY TIPS FOR HYBRID WORKOUTS? I’M HAVING TROUBLE HITTING THE TARGETS.
A: Hybrid targets can definitely take some practice and are challenging by design. We typically recommend locking into the stroke rate target first (by matching your rhythm to the white bar that goes up and down). Once you’ve hit the target rhythm, adjustments in speed come from your legs depending on how hard or soft you’re pushing off the footboard. We would also recommend the “Mastering the Hybrid Workout” Push Program that is specifically designed to help you feel more comfortable hitting dual targets.
Q: HOW CAN I CONNECT WITH OTHERS?
A: Go head-to-head in competitive races against others in the Ergatta community through Ergatta’s intelligent matchmaking platform. Make new Rivals, compete with friends, or challenge yourself by racing against your past performances. See here for more information regarding how to add Rivals and more.
Q: HOW DO I KNOW IF MY SOFTWARE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED?
A: You will be prompted to update your software when you turn on the touchscreen. We release software updates every couple of weeks which include new feature releases, enhancements, and bug fixes. The app will automatically detect when a new software update is available and will prompt you with a “Do you want to install an update to this application?” notification. Select Install.
Q: HOW CAN I ADJUST MY MEMBERSHIP?
When you first launch Ergatta, you’ll be prompted to select your membership and enter your payment information. Any complimentary or promotional months of membership will be applied to your account and used before you are billed.
You may purchase the Ergatta membership for $29 per month. You also have the option to purchase the annual membership for $319 for the first year (one month free). After the first year of membership, the annual rate will renew at $348.
- To make an adjustment to your membership (such as pausing, cancelling, or reactivating), please reach out to our Customer Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To change your payment method for your membership, please reach out to our Customer Experience team at email@example.com.
Should you choose to reactivate your Ergatta membership, your prior workout history will be recovered and accessible.
Do you know someone who would love the Ergatta? Refer a friend and you’ll both get rewarded! Give $300, Get $150