If you’re having trouble pairing your heart rate monitor (HRM) with your Ergatta, please try the troubleshooting steps below:
Confirm that you’re using a compatible HRM. We currently support heart rate monitors that connect via open Bluetooth.
Compatible HRMs include:
- Apple Watch Series 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. Apple Watch SE models may need to ensure that the display is active when starting your workout to support connectivity.
- Polar H9
- Polar OH1
- Polar H10
- Polar Verity Sense
- Garmin HRM-Dual
- Wahoo Tickr
- Coospo H6
- Coros Apex Pro
- Scosche Rhythm+
- Heart rate monitors that require a PIN entry to connect via Bluetooth are not currently supported (with the exception of Apple Watch). ANT+ devices are not supported at this time.
If you've confirmed your HRM's compatibility and are still having trouble, we recommend trying the steps below:
- Please exit the connection screen, restart your HRM, and once again try to connect to the Ergatta. (Your HRM must be worn when trying to connect.)
- Toggle the Bluetooth switch in Ergatta off and on.
- Power cycle the Ergatta touchscreen. To do so, please hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn off the touchscreen. Wait a moment, and then press the power button once more to reboot.
- Confirm that the HRM is turned on and in pairing mode.
- Confirm that the HRM is not connected to any other devices (this is required for some HRM devices). This may require turning off Bluetooth temporarily on your phone or other connected devices in order to prevent them from automatically connecting to your HRM and interrupting the pairing process.
- If you're using a HRM that has an electrode-based chest strap, make sure the electrodes are seated properly against the skin and ensure that the strap is appropriately tight. If your HRM’s manual instructs you to wet textile electrodes prior to pairing, please ensure that you have done so.
You can also try connecting your HRM through the touchscreen's settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Power on the touchscreen
- Tap the upper lefthand corner of the Profile Selection screen 7-10 times
- This will exit the Ergatta app for you, and take you to the touchscreen’s home screen
- When you’re on the home screen, select Settings (the gear icon)
- Then navigate to Connected Devices > Pair Device
- Select your device, wait until it says Pairing Successful
- Restart the touchscreen
If you still experience any trouble, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.