This article will provide the steps required to replace the load wheel and guide wheel on the seat of your Ergatta rower. The load wheel is the large black wheel which slides the seat along the rails. The guide wheel is the smaller wheel underneath the seat which prevents the seat from coming off of the rails.
Load Wheel Replacement
- Press the E-Clip off of the wheel then remove the current load wheel.
- Place the replacement load wheel onto the seat.
- Align the E-clip with the channel in the seat axle, then press the E-Clip back into place.
- Loosen the bolts connecting the rear spacer to the rails approximately 2-3 rotation using the 5mm Allen key.
- Press the rails apart slightly to lift the seat off the rails.
- Place the seat upside down such that the load wheels are facing upwards.
Using a 13mm or adjustable wrench, remove the guide wheel bolt from the bottom of the seat.
- Remove the previous guide wheel, then insert the replacement guide wheel onto the bolt.
- Using a wrench, re-secure the load wheel assembly onto the seat.
- Place the seat back onto the rails, then re-tighten the rear spacer bolts using the 5mm Allen key.