Loosening and re-tightening the bolts on your Ergatta Lite is a key part of regular maintenance as the wood will naturally shift over time. If your rower has started to make noises that it has not in the past, this process will often solve the issue.
Note: The bolts do not need to be fully removed, only loosened approximately 2-3 rotations.
Important: The bolts connecting the mounting arm to your rower do not need to be adjusted with regular maintenance. You should only adjust them when instructed to in a specific troubleshooting guide or by a member of our support team.
The 5mm Allen Key is used for all bolts, with the exception of the top deck Joint Connector Bolts (JCB's) in Step 3 which uses the 4mm Allen Key.
1. Begin with upper and lower tie rods. As they become loose you may hear a creaking sound due to the wood re-settling. This indicates the tie rods have been loosened enough.
2. Next, loosen the bolts on each side of the rower connecting the tank to the rails.
3. Then loosen the handle rest bolts using the 5mm Allen Key, followed by the top deck JCBs using the 4mm Allen Key.
4. Lastly, loosen the footboard bracket bolts and rear spacer bolts using one 5mm Allen Key.
5. Once all bolts are loose, re-tighten them in the same order in which they were loosened. It is important to tighten them in order to ensure parts are aligned properly and prevent additional noises.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions, and include your rower’s serial number as well as your shipping address.