This article provides the instructions for replacing, or swapping the orientation of your seat. In addition to the below instructions, the following video may be referenced for further guidance:
Note: The below instruction show the process on the Ergatta Rower, the same process should be followed for the Ergatta Lite.
- Loosen the Joint Connector Bolts (JCB's) located on each side of the rear spacer connecting the rear spacer to the rails, using the 5mm Allen Key. Note, the JCB's do not need to be removed. Loosen only until the rails can be slightly spread apart, approximately two rotations. The 5mm Allen key can be found stored under the rear spacer.
- Push the seat all the back towards the rear spacer, then place both hands on the rails using your thumbs on the seat to push them apart, allowing the seat to easily lift off the rails.
- If you are changing the direction of the seat, rotate it, otherwise grab your replacement seat. Ergatta recommends orienting the seat such that the indent is facing backwards towards the rear spacer.
- Place the seat onto the rails, such that the guide wheels beneath the seat are locked under the black extrusions on the rails, and the load wheels are in contact with the black extrusion and can roll freely.
- Re-tighten both JCB connecting the rear spacer to the rails using the 5mm Allen Key.
Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions, and include your rower’s serial number as well as your shipping address.